Monday

A watch is a watch

I looked for a wristwatch for my husband before Christmas and found many styles featuring all manner of gizmos.

You could get a watch that was also a thermometer, GPS device, a compass and would tell you whether or not it was low or high tide. In addition to time and date of course.

Ultimately, Hubby wanted a watch that is simply a watch.

This trend of amalgamating devices does not interest us. If I want to take a photo, I'll use my camera. If I want to make a phonecall, I'll use the phone. If I want to use the web, I'll use the PC. I don't need a device that does all 3.

The problem with amalgamating functionality is that it diminishes quality.

You disagree?
Is your cameraphone capable of competing with an SLR camera for picture quality?
Does your phone have fibre optic broadband?